Welcome to the Bay Area, California!
Whether you are studying, doing research or working here, there should always be spare time to relax, re-energize and have some fun! Entertainment and taking a break are key ingredients for successful results at work or school. The Bay Area is a diverse location with so many things to offer from popular touristic destinations and small local favorites to unreal landscapes.
Next to the ocean:
The Bay Area might not be the ideal destination for tanning and surfing, however, its beaches have the most spectacular sights and nature. These are our must-see recommendations.
- Hyde Street Beach – Located at the Fisherman’s Wharf, this beach is perfect to sit down and lunch with the spectacular view of the Angels island. It is also centric and close to other touristic destinations you might be planning to visit.
- Baker Beach – Wooww…. This will be the word coming out of your mouth when watching the sunset at Baker Beach. The sight is perfect: ocean, sky, sand, and the Golden Gate Bridge. Don’t miss it! For more information visit: http://bit.ly/2iSxHqU
- Crown Memorial State Beach – Also known as the “Coney Island of the west”. This beautiful and ginormous beach is a local favorite for spending the day or attending events at night.For more information visit: http://bit.ly/2AuIgEL
Most of the favorite destinations at the Bay Area are centered in the city of San Francisco. You can take days exploring around with all the beautiful locations to visit.
- Golden Gate Bridge – The world-known red bridge- though it wasn’t supposed to be red. The Golden Gate Bridge connects San Francisco with Sausalito (also worth visiting), and it has been standing since 1937. It looks awesome from every angle and during any weather condition. For more information visit: http://bit.ly/2nu2v2A
- Painted Ladies – These colorful victorian-age houses are located at the Alamo Square, were built in the 1890s and survived the devastating 1906 earthquake. Additionally, to being a historic attraction, people love to take creative pictures featuring the Painter Ladies as a colorful backdrop. For more information: http://bit.ly/2ApXNI4
- UC Botanical Gardens at Berkeley – 34 acres of a huge diversity of plants can surround you in the Botanical Gardens at Berkeley. For more information visit: http://bit.ly/2iRMW37
Take your kid from within for some adventures at any of these three fun destinations in the Bay Area.
- California’s Great America – Roller coasters, live shows, special events and great dining! These are some of the things you will find and enjoy at this park.For more information visit: http://bit.ly/2ilC0qR
- San Francisco Cable Cars – We’ve seen them in many movies and TV shows, and it’s your time to ride one! The famous Cable Cars in San Francisco have many routes you can choose from, all of them are a great experience. For more information visit: http://bit.ly/2jfSoK8
- Aquarium of The Bay – It’s got a underwater tunnel, that’s all we have to say. Visit the aquarium and its more than 20,000 creatures and get a memorable experience. For more information visit: http://bit.ly/2BIR6Py
More like “Shopping streets”. The coolest shopping locations in the Bay Area are actually certain streets with shop conglomerates. These range from second-hand to high-end.
- Union Square – One of the main touristic locations in San Francisco. The stores are all around the square and spread up to 4 blocks away. Here, you will find huge department stores, designer brands, jewellery, and affordable brands. It has it all! For more information visit: http://bit.ly/2iVdnoK
- Haight Street San Francisco – The place of the “peace and love” movement in San Francisco. This street is now filled with indie brands, small boutiques, and thrift shops. It is fun to stroll, shop and admire the colorful walls around. For more information visit: http://bit.ly/2BL8sLt
- Fourth Street Shops – Located in Berkeley, this area is great for any type of shopping and dining. The restaurants go from breakfast to desserts, and there are plenty of shops for every taste. For more information visit: http://bit.ly/2nw5VSv
For those weekends when you feel like going away, you don’t have to go that far! The Bay Area is very close to nature and breathtaking destinations. Just pack a small bag, get your friends and let the adventure begin!
- Yosemite National Park – Explore the wilderness at this worldwide famous park in California. Waterfalls, valleys, Sequoias and nights under the stars. It sounds just perfect. For more information visit: http://bit.ly/2jDpJOG
- Napa Valley – Wine is not everything you can enjoy here. This destination will surprise you with hikes, kayaking, hot springs, and more! For more information visit: http://bit.ly/2BKttpI
- Lake Tahoe – The breathtaking Lake Tahoe, beautiful on the summer or snowy days. It is located between California and Nevada and is known for its infinite outdoors activities. There has to be a reason why this place takes part of the “most beautiful places on earth” list. For more information visit: http://bit.ly/2nvhDgi